NFP: The Natural Choice for a Woman’s Health
Natural Family Planning provides a window into a woman’s overall health. It does more than alert a couple to when they may or may not best conceive, it also can help pinpoint other health issues a woman may be experiencing. Most forms of contraception suppress a woman’s natural cycle. NFP celebrates it.
- Involves no chemicals, artificial hormones, pills, devices, etc.
- There are no harmful side effects; No additional medical treatments are needed due to causal effects.
- Works WITH fertility instead of against it
- Can be used for BOTH achieving AND avoiding pregnancy
- Better for the environment–involves no harmful waste
“Daniel would never encourage me to put my health at risk. Many dangerous side effects result in using hormonal contraception.”
- In line with Catholic teaching on God’s design for marriage and sexuality
- Open to life, and values it in every decision
- Improved communication and sexual relationship for the couple
- Builds love, respect, and understanding between spouses
- Requires mutual responsibility from both husband and wife
- The divorce rate among NFP users has been shown to be 0.2%, compared to the national average of 40-50%
- Teaches a couple to understand their combined fertility
- Once you learn an NFP method, recurring costs are minimal compared to the costs of using forms of birth control (i.e. buying pills every month, buying condoms, etc.).
- Because there are no harmful side-effects, money does not need to go towards additional medical treatment.
Awareness of Women’s Health
- Increased knowledge of the woman’s body
- Greater appreciation for the gift of fertility and how our bodies were created
- Increased awareness of women’s health issues
- Help identify hormonal issues that may make it difficult to achieve or sustain a pregnancy
- The best help with infertility-finding the root cause