What is NFP?
Natural way to manage fertility
NFP = Natural Family Planning
- A system for knowing and keeping track of signs of fertility
- Can be used to achieve or avoid pregnancy
- Involves no chemicals, devices or procedures
- Can help identify and treat women’s health issues, including hormonal imbalances and fertility concerns
- Also known as fertility awareness or fertility awareness based methods (FABMs)
Every woman has times of fertility and infertility within her monthly cycle. NFP provides women and couples with the knowledge of what signs and symptoms to look for so they will know whether the woman is fertile or infertile on any given day. This allows for couples to either achieve or avoid pregnancy based on their desire to achieve or avoid pregnancy.
NFP includes natural, scientifically-based methods that empower women, keep sex holy, life sacred, and marriages thriving.